Master in International Migration and Social Cohesion
The MISOCO programme will not accept applications for the academic year 2015-2016 and beyond. Applicants interested in migration studies are asked to consult the consortium partners' pages for more information on their national master degrees in migration studies. The application information in this section is kept available for informative purposes only.
Please consult the application criteria before filling out the online application form.
1. Applications for MISOCO must be made online through the MISOCO application form.
2. Study the online application form and prepare all the data that you are asked to provide for each section of the form, and all the documents that you must attach to your application.
3. Fill out the application form online , completing each and every section as requested. Note that you have to complete your application in one session. It is not possible to save your application and to return to it at a later date.
4. Attach all compulsory documents to your online application:
- Copy of your international passport (only main page(s)).
- Certified copy of Diploma (if this document is not in Dutch, English, French, German or Spanish then you must attach an official translation) and, if available, diploma supplement.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts. (if this document is not in Dutch, English, French, German or Spanish then you must attach an official translation)
- Curriculum Vitae in English. We recommend the Europass model.
- Official proof of language abilities (if applicable). If you receive your English test score results after the application deadline please indicate in your online application your test date and type of test (TOEFL/IELTS, Cambridge CAE or CPE). Note that test dates after the application deadline will be considered invalid.
- Two reference letters.
5. SEND BY REGULAR MAIL TO THE COORDINATOR
- Official certified transcripts, of all university courses/ examinations taken, and credits and grades obtained, sent in a closed envelope, sealed by your university.
- A certified photocopy of your diploma. If the degree awarded is mentioned on the certified university transcript, just a photocopy of the diploma will do.
Applications posted after the deadline, will not be found eligible. The shipment date on your letter will be considered proof of sending. We advise that you use registered mail services and obtain proof of sending.
Note that you need to submit your the copy of your diploma and your transcript both digitally AND in hard-copy or your application will be considered invalid. The documents must be sent to:
Ms Emilie van Tol
Programme Manager MISOCO
Graduate School of Social Sciences
University of Amsterdam
PO Box 15725
NL-1001 NE Amsterdam
Please also read the MISOCO FAQ section on application procedures.
Course Descriptions [not mandatory]
Applicants can send descriptions of the courses taken within their relevant degree to MISOCO. The evaluation committee may consult these course descriptions to establish if applicants have achieved the minimum 60ECTS in Social Sciences Theory and Methodology required for admission into the programme.
If your academic degree is not in the Social Sciences as defined by the application criteria, we strongly advise that you submit detailed course descriptions.
Please send these descriptions by email in one zip file together with your name and online application number to MISOCO.